Associate Financial Advisor
Howard Bailey Financial, Inc., we are a 100-year company that will continue to make a positive impact in the lives of our clients, team members, and community for the next century. Our purpose that spans all our stakeholders is to Grow People, Who Grow People. Our client focus is on helping our clients establish financial freedom through meaning and purpose. We carry the flag for the Midwest, and we are proud to call Indiana our home. Our dedication to our mission, purpose, and core values is what makes the continued growth of Howard Bailey possible. We are a collective of humble, dynamic, and goal-driven advisors, client service, operations, and marketing professionals who strive to deliver and uphold our brand promises.
We are looking for career-minded, ambitious, and client-service-driven individuals who are highly organized, self-motivated, and fulfilled by helping others. We offer competitive compensation, health insurance, 401K, life insurance, disability, paid time off, and volunteer time off.
Operating in a client-facing role, while under the oversight and leadership of a primary Financial Advisor, our Associate Advisors bring scale to our business by assuming the advisory services for our existing clients. The ideal candidate for this role will be someone with a foundation of financial advice and who enjoys continual learning, building relationships, and indirectly creating appropriate sales through fantastic client service. This person will be highly skilled in organization and communication. They understand that providing superior financial advice and client service is absolutely what sets them (and us) apart from other financial firms. Duties include servicing existing clients in financial advisory functions, learning the relationship-building process, processing, servicing existing clients, and client relationship building.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
(Note: Other relevant duties may be assigned.)
- To collaborate with the Financial Advisor in preparing, presenting, and implementing customized financial plans for new clients of Howard Bailey.
- Within the leadership of a lead Financial Advisor, to assume the financial advisory services of existing clients.
- Advise clients with annuities, life Insurance, long-term care & managed money/marketable securities.
- Analyze and identify changes in our client's financial matters and recommend appropriate adjustments and new products suited to their financial plan.
- Coordinate with the firm's back-office operations for supporting client service functions (document processing, trades, and (re)allocations, withdrawals, RMD’s beneficiary changes, etc)
- Client review preparation.
- Develop, manage, and retain strong client relationships.
- Contribute to meeting individual and team goals.
Education and Experience:
- College degree.
- 5 + years of financial services experience with an emphasis on client servicing.
- Life and Health Insurance licenses
- Registration with the state as an investment adviser representative OR a passing score on the Series 65 or 66 exams within the past two years OR a professional designation exempt from the examination requirement.
Knowledge, Job Skills, and Abilities:
- Financial advisory knowledge and experience spanning planning, execution, review, and compliance-related matters of annuities, life Insurance, long-term care & managed money products.
- Strong organizational, prioritization, interpersonal & management skills
- Strong mathematical and analytical skills
- Excellent communication skills; both verbal and written
- Proficient with MS Office Suite
- Knowledge of investment advisory and custodial processing systems
- Takes initiative, nurtures, and seizes opportunities
- High emotional quota
- Ability to bring clarity to ambiguity
- Positive mindset
- High personal emphasis on learning and development
- "Big Company” benefits and extensive HR support through our partner ADP Totalsource
- Fully sponsored Health and Dental Insurance for the employee
- 401K with company match
- Generous quarterly vacation and personal days plus paid volunteer time
- Wellness Program
- Paid Holidays